• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken verbal contract with proof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Swei

What is the name of your state? Missouri
Scenerio - " room mate A agreed to purchase a television for room mate B, with a verbal contract on a payoff date, which has been broken over 5 times by r.m. B, emails have been saved to show proof of acknowledgement from both parties on the verbal contract being broken. The person who has the t.v. (r.m. B) has made 3 late payments and also had unsuffecient funds, which is causing bad credit for r.m. A. r.m. A has tried to negotiate w/B by just gettting the t.v. since it's apparent r.m. B can't pay this off, end of this month will be a year. R.M. B gets furious and states that the t.v. belongs to B, not A! B will not release dwelling address for court papers, so A will have to get law enforcement to serve at B's employer? I think that's what will happen since B appears to be a nomad. Is this enough to make a case in small claims to get reimbursed? Thanks for reading, Please reply.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I think you are asking if you can win this case. While we can't predict the future, I can say that emails are very easy to fake...so I hope you have more evidence than that.

Swei

Thanks. I honestly didn't even consider that aspect of it. I do have the credit card statements showing multiple late/NSF payments. Also, I have the name and account # of the actual person paying on the account. Should that be sufficient enough to hold up? Thanks for your reply!!

ForFun

You have plenty of evidence to win a suit (do not take this to mean that you will win, however). Sure, emails can be faked, but so can all evidence. Unless the emails look ridiculous, or the defendant makes a good case that they are fake, the judge will likely believe that they're legit.

Swei

Thanks for your reply. I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">