• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business contract payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vickitexas

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I entered into a contract with a client, no formal contract but I have agreement documentation. I performed website development, administration and hosting services for a client in exchange for a car. The client arbitrarily locked me out of the account host and ended the contract and is demanding return of the car. He had not yet sent me the title to the car.

I am going to file a civil suit for payment at my hourly rate and will return the car upon payment. He is sending me a registered letter to return the car. Can I keep the car until he pays since it was part of the agreement? Can I respond with the lawsuit docket number and keep him from taking the car until the suit is settled?

Last edited:

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I entered into a contract with a client, no formal contract but I have agreement documentation. I performed website development, administration and hosting services for a client in exchange for a car. The client arbitrarily locked me out of the account host and ended the contract and is demanding return of the car. He had not yet sent me the title to the car.

I am going to file a civil suit for payment at my hourly rate and will return the car upon payment. He is sending me a registered letter to return the car. Can I keep the car until he pays since it was part of the agreement? Can I respond with the lawsuit docket number and keep him from taking the car until the suit is settled?
**A: next time work for a mobile home not a car.

vickitexas

I thought I would get an INTELLIGENT response on this site. Ok I figured out how to delete the sarcastic response.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">