• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is the business liable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CindyH

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma is the state I reside in. I was parked in the parking lot of a recycling business. While making the transaction in the office of the building, someone or something broke out the back glass of my SUV and dented the tailgate. I discovered the damage when I returned to my vehicle. The employees of the business said they did not see anything. This business requires customers to park in a designated area (which I did). They provide large rolling carts for customers to load items to be recycled. These carts are then rolled across the parking lot to another area to be weighed. If the damage was caused by material on a rolling cart that is being pushed by a customer (who abandoned it and left the scene), can the business be held liable for not posting warning signs in the parking lot of the danger posed by these carts in the hands of people that may not be able to control them? Can the business be liable for not making the area safe for the public and not warning about an unsafe condition, namely heavy carts in the hands of untrained customers?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

can the business be held liable for not posting warning signs in the parking lot of the danger posed by these carts in the hands of people that may not be able to control them? Can the business be liable for not making the area safe for the public and not warning about an unsafe condition, namely heavy carts in the hands of untrained customers?
Can they?? Yes, in some cases. Unlikely in yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">