• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buyer didn't pay additional money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SoCalMom1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I had sold my car last year in November to a guy in Portland, OR. He came down here and picked up the car and drove it back to Portland. We had agreed that he would pay us an extra $900 for the car after he would receive the pink slip from us in addition to the selling price (long story). I do have this in writing signed by him. He now refuses to pay the extra money. I also contacted a lawyer and he sent him a letter stating that he is in "breach of contract" and needs to pay the extra money. He refuses to pay! I was wondering if I should now contact a collection agency or should I file with small claims court? The problem is, that it is out of state and it will make it harder going through small claims court. I really don't want to travel to Portland to represent the case. But I want him to pay the money (I know it is not a lot). Which collection agency would help me with this? Any advice?

Thanks so much in advance

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">