• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buyer threatening to take us to small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

igex02

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SLC, UT

Buyer bought a printer from us, it was through our Amazon store. Buyer contacted us saying the ink was empty, we offered to send replacement ink. Buyer received ink it was the LC61, buyer actually needed the LC71, we purchased the ink from another Amazon seller directly to the buyer, it was re-manufactured ink, buyer was given the options of original or remanufactured ink, they chose remanufactured. Buyer claim that when they tried to install the ink it poured all over the office desk and caused $600 worth of damage (quoted by furniture repair company). Buyer wants us to pay and is threatening to take us to small claims court, we tried to explain to the buyer that it is not our fault and defend our position.

My question is, can the buyer outside of (filing an Amazon claim for money back and leaving negative feedback) take some kind of legal action against our company? or we have nothing to worry about.

Thanks for any feedback guys, also I would only appreciate comments from guys that know what they're talking about, last time I asked although I has some helpful answer I have several guys turn this thread into a chat room and give non factual subjective answers.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SLC, UT

Buyer bought a printer from us, it was through our Amazon store. Buyer contacted us saying the ink was empty, we offered to send replacement ink. Buyer received ink it was the LC61, buyer actually needed the LC71, we purchased the ink from another Amazon seller directly to the buyer, it was re-manufactured ink, buyer was given the options of original or remanufactured ink, they chose remanufactured. Buyer claim that when they tried to install the ink it poured all over the office desk and caused $600 worth of damage (quoted by furniture repair company). Buyer wants us to pay and is threatening to take us to small claims court, we tried to explain to the buyer that it is not our fault and defend our position.

My question is, can the buyer outside of (filing an Amazon claim for money back and leaving negative feedback) take some kind of legal action against our company? or we have nothing to worry about.

Thanks for any feedback guys, also I would only appreciate comments from guys that know what they're talking about, last time I asked although I has some helpful answer I have several guys turn this thread into a chat room and give non factual subjective answers.
So you delete your threads?

Alrighty then. :cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">