• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cable Company Rip off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sixgun

What is the name of your state?Alabama/Tennessee
I was reassigned by the military from Ft. Campbell (Tennesse)to Redstone Arsenal(Alabama). I turned off all my utilities and recieved credit from them for overpayment, or payed the balances owed.
Charter Communications was the cable provider that I had, and they owed me a total of $160.00 for overpayment for services. I provided my new address and was told that it would take up to 6 weeks to recieve the remittance. That was on March 6, 2005.
It is now 29 June, and all I have received thus far is apologies from customer service reps that really have no ability to "cut a check". They can only input the data in the CLOSED account number information page of their computer.
I have tried to contact supervisors, sat on the phone for 218 minutes (have the copy of the cell phone bill) only to be cut off with an automatic apology message stating that I should call back at another time.
I know that the money is not a great amount, but the fact remains that they are profiting from the cash that they are holding without cause.
How does one go about assessing fees to a corporation? Failure on my part to pay partial or total amounts owed results in fees assessed after the first five days past the due date. Six weeks would have been April 18. If nothing else (loss of use) the interest alone should amount to around $5. (Its the principle of the thing.)
All materials were turned in in working condition. The money was owed to me on the date of cancelation, and now I am just pi--ed because there seems to be no recourse.
I want to punish the offender in the same manner that they punish offenders.

I understand the old adage, "You don't learn from smart people, you learn from idiots. Watch what they do, and don't do it!"

I would like to hear from someone that can answer intelligently however.

sixgun

Thanks for the update.

Thanks for noticing Veronica.

Now, how about a response to the thread? Obviously I received nothing on the other page, so I thought this might be more suitable.

With your great perception, and obvious ability maybe you can give me an informative piece of advice.

Thanks!

BL

Contact your State's Attorney General Office to file a Complaint .

Also contact the BBB to see if the are a member. If so file a complaint with them first .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">