• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

calculating garnishment interest-MO

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmn.7856

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
I won a judment on 11/25/08 for $6705.96. My lawyer filed 180 day wage garnishment paperwork in January 2009 and I received my first check from the court dated 4/7/09. He refiled another 180 day garnishment in September 2009 and I received my last check dated 4/8/10.
This time I will file the garnishment myself and this will be the first time we have requested interest. The judgement states that "interest shall accrue at the statuatory rate of 9% per annum, and in default of payment let execution issue thereon". The total paid at this point is $4753.17 with a balance of $1952.79.

With all of that said, when I go to file this garnishment what dollar amount do I use to calculate the interest? I saw some links to calculators on other posts, but most of them wouldn't come up and the ones I did see really couldn't help with what I am doing here.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">