• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California - bank levy in a different county

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crispix

What is the name of your state? California

I won a small claims judgement issued in San Diego County. The defendant's bank is in Santa Clara County (I have the branch and account number). I'm trying to put together the paperwork for a bank levy. The small claims advisor in San Diego was unsure of the proper process. She said I either have to get a levy issued here and somehow have it transferred to Santa Clara County, or perhaps I could file for the levy in Santa Clara directly. I'm unable to get the Santa Clara County Small Claims advisor on the phone, and am not sure what the next step is.

My question: how do I levy a bank in a different county from where the judgement was issued? Thanks for the help.What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

Crispix said:
What is the name of your state? California

I won a small claims judgement issued in San Diego County. The defendant's bank is in Santa Clara County (I have the branch and account number). I'm trying to put together the paperwork for a bank levy. The small claims advisor in San Diego was unsure of the proper process. She said I either have to get a levy issued here and somehow have it transferred to Santa Clara County, or perhaps I could file for the levy in Santa Clara directly. I'm unable to get the Santa Clara County Small Claims advisor on the phone, and am not sure what the next step is.

My question: how do I levy a bank in a different county from where the judgement was issued? Thanks for the help.What is the name of your state?
Is there mail delivery between SDC and SCC?

JETX

Crispix said:
My question: how do I levy a bank in a different county from where the judgement was issued?
Simple. The levy from the original court is valid anywhere in the state. However, you have to make sure (in California) that service is made on the ORIGINAL branch where the debtor OPENED his account.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">