• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

California smog requirements

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mannasugar

I live in California and I bought a Cadillac Seville year 2000 for $700 and it would not start I put a battery in it and a fuel pump and drove it away 15 minutes later it started overheating and now the car doesn't pass smog and since they did not disclose the fact that the car was overheating and if I knew that it had a blown head gasket I would not have purchased the car. Since I didn't know it was overheating I bought it and I want to sue them for the smog issue. It is the seller's responsibility to make a car smog ready. Can I sue them for the car not being smog ready? Can I win in court?

Mannasugar

The fuel pump was bad in the car and the battery was dead so there was no way to test the engine, I am a mechanic. I took the car to get a smog check and it did not pass because the car is not smog ready in other words it must be road tested in order for the computer to get information from the emission components.

OHRoadwarrior

You can tell them you want to undue the sale, or make repairs needed to pass smog. You cannot force them to spend a ton of money on a junker.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">