• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Camera Theif

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trbelcher

Camera Thief

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Can I take my ex girlfriend to court for keeping my digital camera after we broke up? I did not give it to her as a gift, she was borrowing it and never returned it.

Last edited:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Can I take my ex girlfriend to court for keeping my digital camera after we broke up? I did not give it to her as a gift, she was borrowing it and never returned it.
Sure you can.

...and please remember I before E except after C.

trbelcher

thanks

thanks...i didn't even catch that. what are my chances of success? i don't really have a lot of proof that i didn't give it to her, just a verbal agreement that it wasn't her camera.

Antigone*

thanks...i didn't even catch that. what are my chances of success? i don't really have a lot of proof that i didn't give it to her, just a verbal agreement that it wasn't her camera.
Sorry trbelcher, my crystal ball is spoiled and has already taken off for the holiday, but maybe someone else that comes along has one that is still working.

Hope you have receipts for your camera if you intend on suing.

Last edited:

trbelcher

paperwork

Haha...thats pretty good! :)
I have all of my receipts. I also have a witness to the conversation in which I told her she could not keep the camera, that she was only to borrow it for a weekend trip.

cyjeff

Haha...thats pretty good! :)
I have all of my receipts. I also have a witness to the conversation in which I told her she could not keep the camera, that she was only to borrow it for a weekend trip.
Here is what you do.

You burn an hour of an attorney's time and ask him/her to send your ex an official letter promising all kinds of nebulous and awful legal remedies if the camera is not returned within X amount of time.

The moment someone gets a letter like that, the game changes. Works 9 out of 10 times.

trbelcher

Sounds Good

Thanks cyjeff. I never thought of that. It sounds a lot less messy and aggravating than an actual court case will be. And, more than likely, will work just as well.

seniorjudge

I was driving my beige car and had to feint a quick turn when a feisty and foreign guy looked like he was trying to forfeit my life. The heifer beside him was of a height of only five feet. My heirs probably want to heist my carcass over to the neighbor's yard so they can reign supreme when my life has been reined in. A check on the seismometer shows that their concerns veil the probability that my veins will soon collapse from the weight of my dough.

BL

I was driving my beige car and had to feint a quick turn when a feisty and foreign guy looked like he was trying to forfeit my life. The heifer beside him was of a height of only five feet. My heirs probably want to heist my carcass over to the neighbor's yard so they can reign supreme when my life has been reined in. A check on the seismometer shows that their concerns veil the probability that my veins will soon collapse from the weight of my dough.
So much for the English lessons the teachers give .

I before E , except after C .

I always wondered about English language .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJfS1v-fU0 YouTube - Press One For English english

Antigone*

So much for the English lessons the teachers give .

I before E , except after C .

I always wondered about English language .

YouTube - Press One For English YouTube - Press One For English english
The English language is one of the most difficult languages to teach because of all though damn exceptions. In the English language, if there is a rule, you better count on an exception, or two, or three.

The rule only applies to digraphs, so words like "deity" and "science" don't count.
The rule "i before e except after c" should be extended to include "except when said 'ay' as in 'neighbor' and 'weigh'".
The rule only applies to digraphs that have the /i:/ ('ee') pronunciation, as in 'piece'. (Note the conflict between this and the previous item.)
The rule doesn't apply to words that are recent imports from foreign languages, such as "gneiss", "dreidel", and "enceinte".
The rule doesn't apply to the large number of plurals of words ending in "cy" ("fallacies", "frequencies", "vacancies", ... ) because in the UK – in traditional RP – "cies" is pronounced with the "i" of "pin", even though it is pronounced with the "ee" of "feed" by most World-English speakers and by younger UK speakers.

SJ, I just loved your quip. You have provided me with 2009's first bust up:) ...and I hope to the deity above that your heirs never want to heist your carcass over to the neighbor's yard so they can reign supreme when my life has been reined in

Last edited:

trbelcher

C'Mon

If you want to offer me help here, go for it...i dont really give a damn about everyone's english lessons...if you understand what gets typed dont judge it. IN OTHER WORDS: I don't want to relive my 10th grade english class in my Legal forum! :mad:

Antigone*

If you want to offer me help here, go for it...i dont really give a damn about everyone's english lessons...if you understand what gets typed dont judge it. IN OTHER WORDS: I don't want to relive my 10th grade english class in my Legal forum! :mad:
You got your advice trbelcher. Just think you are one of the fortunate ones. You got a free grammar lesson out of it too.:p

Well, maybe I should apologize for the HEISTING of your thread:D, that really wasn't NEIGHBORLY of me.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">