• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Campground credit fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ckn205

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

Question concerning a campgrounds unauthrized use of my debt card. On Labor day I arrived at the campground and was charged $32 for the site( was a guest of a member). Everything was fine, until I received a notice from my bank stating that I have 3 small checks to cause over draft fees. The fees added up to $145 for checks totalling $30. Come to find out 9 minutes after I signed in and payed, the campground ran the #'s off of the receipt I signed for $32 and charged $56. They credited my card back the $32. The kicker to this whole thing is that the host had a complete stanger in the next camp site sign my debt card receipt. Thus I was never informed of the additonal of the $24 dollar charge. This is the reason of the $145 over draft fees.
The campground refuses to give me a copy of the "forged" receipt. When I arrived at the campground to get a copy of it, they acted stupid about it..like it was my fault. So i called the local PD to file a report. The officer even informed them that they was in the wrong, but could not make them give me a copy. They said the receipt was of site in the hands of the owner.
Any advice of this matter would help alot. I have never had to do the small claims thing before. I was thinking this was a good case for them to have to pay my overdraft fees.

ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">