• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can anything be done??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ljb105

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?Georgia

After a year, my boyfriend & I were talking marriage. We went in together on an investment. he lives in a different state & the money was to build to relocate me.. We agreed that if we decided not to be together, he would return the initial amount I gave him plus half of any profits. It's been 15 months, & now "NOW" I find out he is married.. He lied about everything..
And, he claims now the money was a "gift"... All I have are the receipts of the money & instant messages & emails from him...He claims that they can not be used to prove anything . Even though he promised everything in writing, & never did. I know it was my stupidity to trust anyone again. He will not accept my phone calls, letters are returned unopened. He will not answer emails or messages..
So, does anyone know if there is anything that can be done?

JETX

ljb105 said:
We went in together on an investment.

So, does anyone know if there is anything that can be done?
Probably not. Especially considering that you agree that this was an 'investment'.... and not loans.

stephenk

hire an attorney to get an accounting of the money used in the investment. Are you on any of the paperwork for the investment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">