• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can charges really be pressed if...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Intuition

What is the name of your state? Hawaii

I have a really important question and need legal advice.

Is it possible for a person to press charges or have someone arrested if this person sent money to a person (from the INTERNET) to fly out and meet them in person BUT the person never showed up. Can anything legal happen from an incident like this? Need to know ASAP..

djohnson

I'm not an attorney but I don't think you have a case. First you would have to prove that there was a legal verbal contract, which will be word vs. word. Then you would have to file where they are at. Even if there was a slim chance at this, which I don't think there is, it would be more costly and time consuming than what you are probably originally out.

I would say mark it up to a costly lesson learned.

JETX

"Is it possible for a person to press charges or have someone arrested if this person sent money to a person (from the INTERNET) to fly out and meet them in person BUT the person never showed up."
*** Based solely on the information in your post, no.

There could be some scenarios that could develop a case of fraud, but you have not provided any information to support that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">