• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can Disability Check Be Garnished?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

topar22

I have a person I loaned money to and they refuse to pay me back**************The amount is $303 is what I told them I would settle for.....it was a lot more before I settled on $303.

Im not worried about winning my case.....I'm worried about collecting the money.....This person has NO Control of their OWN money......The person that has legal rights to their wellfare about what the money goes to saids they want pay me the money......

So I got a Overseer of the person who owes me money,who want pay me.....The person who owes me want pay me.....and the only source of income is a Social Security Disability Check....

Can a Disability Check be GARNISHED?

Is There another way to get my money?

Is it going to be so much trouble that its not worth all the time I would put in to collect $303?

Thanks For Even Looking At This....What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

BL

If that's the case ,and the SS recipient has a Rep. Payee , those funds should be held in a separate account and would be in the Rep. payee's name for ,the recipients name .

No ,they can not be garnished .

The only other way to collect is by other methods available to you .

Look up your State's small claims court guide and see what the are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">