• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he change his mind & sue me? Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zora129

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I broke up with my fiancee of two years in May. During a brief conversation he told me I could "hold on to" the ring.
I haven't heard from him since and I've started to consider selling it.
Since I haven't heard from him and he told me, in effect, that he didn't want it back, can he call and ask for it now?
I know that it's considered part of a contract and I would have had to give it back if he had wanted, but can he still ask for it? Is there any statute of limitations for him to request it back?
I just want to know if I can sell it now, if I have to wait, or if he can get it back whenever he wants. I don't even know his current address, so if I can't sell it what should I do with it?

Last edited:

stephenk

you don't know where he lives? do you know any of his friends or family? I bet they can find him and then you can return the ring. if he tells you to keep the ring have him sign a note to that effect and then sell it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">