• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he sue me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edniso

I live in New York. I work as a graphic designer for web sites. A couple of months back, I quoted this guy an amount to do his site but he couldn't afford it. So I told him that there is a person that I outsource my projects to in india who can do it for cheaper. I referred to him because i had a good experience with this guy. They both talked and started the project. Now, it turns out that the guy in india didn't finish the project properly for him and said he can't contact him. I also have the same trouble contacting the guy and I have my sites on hold as well. Now, he wants to sue me claiming that I'm his parterner and that since he can't contact the guy in india to get his money back ($1500), he will have to come get from me, who is the partner. (note, he didn't try to get it from me when the problem started and I have a llc and I can proove that I'm the only person registered. Please tell me if his accusations are liable because I don't feel like dishing out for the money that I never saw a dime.

moburkes

I live in New York. I work as a graphic designer for web sites. A couple of months back, I quoted this guy an amount to do his site but he couldn't afford it. So I told him that there is a person that I outsource my projects to in india who can do it for cheaper. I referred to him because i had a good experience with this guy. They both talked and started the project. Now, it turns out that the guy in india didn't finish the project properly for him and said he can't contact him. I also have the same trouble contacting the guy and I have my sites on hold as well. Now, he wants to sue me claiming that I'm his parterner and that since he can't contact the guy in india to get his money back ($1500), he will have to come get from me, who is the partner. (note, he didn't try to get it from me when the problem started and I have a llc and I can proove that I'm the only person registered. Please tell me if his accusations are liable because I don't feel like dishing out for the money that I never saw a dime.
Sure, he can sue you. However, the likelihood of him winning is slim.

edniso

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate it. I was getting worried. When you meant slim, is it like 10% out of 100% chance? Thank you so much again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">