• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he take my car?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reearly

I'm in Virginia and my ex boyfriend is trying to have my car repossessed. went to court On July 21 2016 where he was seeking the item or value of the item. Judge ruled that the car was to remain my property. Car is registered in my name as well as the title therefore he cannot put a lien on the title. I have not been able to pay anything given my in employment at this time however I was not given a specific time in which the payments where due in full, not to say I plan on discontinuing payments, the judge was aware of my employment status and ruled accordingly.

LdiJ

I'm in Virginia and my ex boyfriend is trying to have my car repossessed. went to court On July 21 2016 where he was seeking the item or value of the item. Judge ruled that the car was to remain my property. Car is registered in my name as well as the title therefore he cannot put a lien on the title. I have not been able to pay anything given my in employment at this time however I was not given a specific time in which the payments where due in full, not to say I plan on discontinuing payments, the judge was aware of my employment status and ruled accordingly.
Is there a lien on the car from anyone?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">