• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I change the amout I sue for and if so how

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fuller101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I have a small claims case pending the information on the case can be found under the thread( Repairshop liable for stolen truck) this case has cost me money to travel to georgia to get police reports and Im in the Army and had to get emergency leave to go home which is not reflexed good on my Review thats used for job position and promotions I only was asking for the value of the Truck but now think I should get more can I change the amount I am asking before the trial :confused:

Antigone*

I have a small claims case pending the information on the case can be found under the thread( Repairshop liable for stolen truck) this case has cost me money to travel to georgia to get police reports and Im in the Army and had to get emergency leave to go home which is not reflexed good on my Review thats used for job position and promotions I only was asking for the value of the Truck but now think I should get more can I change the amount I am asking before the trial :confused:
You won't be awarded your travel time or expenses.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You would only be entitled to the value of the truck.

Im in the Army and had to get emergency leave to go home which is not reflexed good on my Review thats used for job position and promotions
I don't see where your poor performance reviews are related ; and the hassles of litigation are present with every litigant. You did not need to travel to the police dept. for the police report -- you could have just done a FOIA request.

You are free to withdraw the small claims w/o prejudice and file a regular case if you wish to claim suffering (I don't know if you would prevail on this aspect). Call the court clerk, likely a form to file.

Fuller101

Thanks

It's related because I had to leave my unit and cone home to deal with personal stuff this not only effected me but my soldiers who I teach and when the first Sargent is looking for a leader sure I will be looked over it's something I cannt control but in the eyes of the Army anything that effectes the mission is negative and looked down on
Then after a deployment this is the last thing I would like to be dealing with
And it could have been handled without all of this even there insurance person was trying to get something done but the shop owner didn't want to give me anything

sandyclaus

It's related because I had to leave my unit and cone home to deal with personal stuff this not only effected me but my soldiers who I teach and when the first Sargent is looking for a leader sure I will be looked over it's something I cannt control but in the eyes of the Army anything that effectes the mission is negative and looked down on
Then after a deployment this is the last thing I would like to be dealing with
And it could have been handled without all of this even there insurance person was trying to get something done but the shop owner didn't want to give me anything
You still CHOSE to request leave to come home to deal with this "personal stuff".

You can certainly amend your complaint to add what you feel you are entitled to, but you are not going to get anything but the value of your truck if you win.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">