• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I claim it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tegi123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas! I would like to know if I'm entitled to any of my mother's money? I recently helped my mother with a lawsuit in which she was unable to file due to her accident. Everything was basically done by myself. I got the police report, signed paper work and filled out all documents concerning this matter. Met with her attorney and took pictures. Signed for her check. Can I claim something here?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arkansas! I would like to know if I'm entitled to any of my mother's money? I recently helped my mother with a lawsuit in which she was unable to file due to her accident. Everything was basically done by myself. I got the police report, signed paper work and filled out all documents concerning this matter. Met with her attorney and took pictures. Signed for her check. Can I claim something here?
Someone, take a note:

I'm without words.

Proserpina

Not a darned thing.

You should make sure you haven't actually crossed a legal boundary here, practicing law without a license, yourself.

Leave your Mom's money alone.

sandyclaus

You have no claim.

I suppose if Mom wants to share the wealth, she could. But I'm guessing from the post that she doesn't want to, and you are simply trying to find a way to relieve Mom from a little of that extra bankroll she has now.

Google "Entitlement issues".

justalayman

Can I claim something here?
I totally disagree with the others.

You have an absolute right to make a claim that you get the son/daughter of the year award for helping your mother while she was incapacitated...

Oh, wait a minute.

Are you suggesting you want money for what you did?

I take back my nomination for the son/daughter of the year award.

sandyclaus

I totally disagree with the others.

You have an absolute right to make a claim that you get the son/daughter of the year award for helping your mother while she was incapacitated...

Oh, wait a minute.

Are you suggesting you want money for what you did?

I take back my nomination for the son/daughter of the year award.
You mah hewwo, JAL... :D

tegi123

Can I claim it!

You all don't understand. Don't pass judgement on a situation you know nothing about. I don't want my mothers money. I'm trying to stop the state from getting it! My mother didn't even care one way or another if she didn't even win the suit. I'm trying to protect her because this has left her disabled. I don't want my mother to die broke. Im' trying to save something for her in case she's able to live on her own again! Anyway, my mother don't owe me anything even though she didn't raise me! I'm now taking care of her. I'm not suing my mother. I just put it under that category because I was not sure where to place this situation.:eek:

Last edited:

sandyclaus

You all don't understand. Don't pass judgement on a situation you know nothing about. I don't want my mothers money. I'm trying to stop the state from getting it! My mother didn't even care one way or another if she didn't even win the suit. I'm trying to protect her because this has left her disabled. I don't want my mother to die broke. Im' trying to save something for her in case she's able to live on her own again! Anyway, my mother don't owe me anything even though she didn't raise me! I'm now taking care of her. I'm not suing my mother. I just put it under that category because I was not sure where to place this situation.:eek:
But you didn't ask how to protect your mother's assets to take care of her because she's disabled. You asked if YOU were entitled to any of it. Not your mother, but YOU.

Nice sidestepping, but I'm not buying your revised version of the story. You say that you are trying to protect your mother, but what I heard (and STILL hear) is, "My mom didn't raise me, so I don't owe her a thing. But now I'm taking care of her. So what's in it for ME?"

Don't deny it. You're just mad because we saw right through the fog.

Well the OP did take pictures ... if you feel like you are due something, talk to your momma about it. Maybe she'll make you a nice pie as thanks !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">