• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I do anything??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charliesmom

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CT
I purchased a puppy over the internet through an online service. The seller is located in Oklahoma and she shipped him to us. Of course I was very hesitant about this but she assured me he would be okay being shipped and people do it all the time. Well, he got sick the very first night and we spent over $1500 on vet bills over a 5 day period to try to cure him but he became too weak and we had to put him to sleep. My 2 vets could not find the absolute cause and I only asked her to give me back $225-1/2 of what we paid for him and have not seen a penny. In the meantime, she had claimed poverty (although she was selling other dogs on her site for $900 each) but after not hearing from her for a month, I posted a bad review on the site where I purchased him. A month later I received this email from her:
"I told you I would pay you when I GOT some money. You are the heartless
irresponsible person, not me. How do you expect me to get any money for
you
when you've taken away my only means? You are just a money hungry
beggar!
Don't you think it hurt me too? He was the one I wanted and I let you
have
him because your husband wanted the BIGGEST one, if you would have
given him
just a FEW days of supportive care he would still be alive, but no, you
wanted instant gratification so you KILLED HIM!!!!!! IT'S YOUR FAULT
HE'S
DEAD
It's not my fault the puppy had parvo, and yes it was parvo no matter
what
your incompetent vet said, and it is curable.
I blocked your harassing e-mail, not just ignored it, and will pursue
legal
action if you continue to slander me."

I did not harass her and what she is saying here is awful. I have all the email correspondence we had to prove that. Now, I wanted to sue her for the vet bills but I guess I can't take her to small claims because she is out of state. Does anyone know if there is anything else I can do? :confused:

cplara

I have a similiar problem that I have posted about a Shih Tzu puppy and a Parot that died after 2 months I know the bird was sick when brought to me I am sure these people will not refund not even half there to greedy and what come around goes around I sent a demand letter for the cost of the puppy I would perfer the puppy back. The letter I sent certified required a signature but I am not sure how that works the looking the internet receipt # I was able to pull up the delivery and it showed refused. I will pursue a law suite I just hope I have the right address. Usually the airlin will not allow puppies under 10 weeks on board so maybe he was younger and she lied about his age. I also purchased a puppy over the internet and he arrived okay with a doctor certifying good health. Do some investigating or ask her for a replacement dog.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">