• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I do something about my son getting maced by staff @ a night club??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

I suspect that the staff were well within their rights - I can't wait to hear the story ;)
My brother got the heck beaten out of him by some bouncers in a bar and the police would do nothing. A fight broke out in the bar and he unhappily was walking by, carrying a pitcher of beer and some glasses. He had his back to the combatants and wasn't even aware that a punch had been thrown until someone else between him and the combatants got knocked into his back by the combatants. Naturally his pitcher of beer and the glasses went flying. The bouncers went to town on literally everyone anywhere near the fight and continued to beat them once they got them out the door. My brother spent two days in the hospital. He wasn't even drunk because the pitcher of beer was the first that his group had purchased. His friends didn't even know what happened to him because they were not permitted to leave the bar.

The hospital were the ones who called the police because not only did they beat him into a pulp, but they did not call for medical attention for him nor did the cops at the scene. Some purely innocent bystander called an ambulance for him and then followed the ambulance to the hospital to tell them what they knew. It wasn't even a dive style bar, it was an upscale yuppie type one. The doctors at the hospital actually got nasty with the police who came to take his statement.

He talked to some lawyers but because in the madness of everything he really could not identify anyone, and everything happened so fast that it was barely minutes between someone slamming into his back and virtual unconsciousness, that the lawyers felt that it would go no where.

So...stuff happens, and I can easily believe that someone who was not an actual problem got maced. My brother wasn't even a kid at the time, he was 30 and he and his buddies had been to a Pacer's game and stopped in the bar after to have a drink.

OHRoadwarrior

Your son is an adult. Only he has standing to attempt some kind of lawsuit. When you go to bars, there is an inherent risk of problems you assume.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">