• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I file a motion to dismiss?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Auldman

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I was in a car accident without insurance in 1985. I was sued by the person that I hit for his medical damages. I was found guilty by default as I did not go to the hearing. I never paid any of the monies. Can I now file a motion to dismiss the case based on the statute of limitations expiring? Do I have any other avenues to expunge this lawsuit without paying the accuser?
Thanks in advance!

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I was in a car accident without insurance in 1985. I was sued by the person that I hit for his medical damages. I was found guilty by default as I did not go to the hearing. I never paid any of the monies. Can I now file a motion to dismiss the case based on the statute of limitations expiring? Do I have any other avenues to expunge this lawsuit without paying the accuser?
Thanks in advance!

you hurt someone in a collision and didnt have insurance and lost in court because you ignored it and didnt go and now you want to know if you can have this dismissed because you have not paid a penny? i am sorry, did i miss something?

dcatz

It's only September but, if this post is not because you lost a bet, I think you can feel confident that you've assured yourself of a place on the list of Top 10 Most Stupid of 2007.

Auldman

GulfBreeze - apparently you can read. Do you have legal advice regarding the question or are you simply churlish?

dcatz - Are capable of providing an answer? It was 1985 when I won stupidest...obviously.

dcatz

Unless you omitted something:

The judgment can no longer be enforced. I thought you knew.

The judgment is off your credit report. I thought you knew.

The judgment cannot be dismissed because it was unsatisfied, and you won’t find absolution here.

You can come out of the cave, but the karma is yours to keep.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">