• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get any money back for payment towards SUV?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mike31

What is the name of your state?
My name is Mike. I lived in Maryland. I was purchasing a Ford Expedition from my former boss for over a year. I paid $330.00 per month for 12 months. That is a total of $3960.00. In addition to that, My girlfriend and I gave them $6000.00 towards paying it off. That is a total of $9960.00. The original price was 11,500.00. Anyway, After giving them the $6000.00, they said I still owed them $3300.00 for the truck. That just does not add up. I recently moved to Texas to be with my girlfriend. I am new here, I don't know anyone here. Work is hard to come by. I found a low paying job which barely covers bills. I couldn't send them any money for 4 months for the truck. We were planning to pay it off when we got our tax returns back, but I found out from my brother that they sold it. We don't have anything in writing, no contract, no stubs from monthly payments, nothing. This is a man that I grew up with and trusted. What can I do?

S

seniorjudge

"We were planning to pay it off when we got our tax returns back, but I found out from my brother that they sold it. We don't have anything in writing, no contract, no stubs from monthly payments, nothing. This is a man that I grew up with and trusted. What can I do?"

You have paid $9960 for a lesson in common sense. Always get everything in writing.

I am assuming that you never had the vehicle in your possession, is that correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">