• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I get legal fees?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blindpig

my neighbor tried to put a restraing order on me. it was quickly dimissed and the magistrate had the woman removed from the courtroom. the alegations were so bizzare and untrue that i felt compelled to hire a lawyer so the system wouldn't run me over. the magistrate wouldn't consider legal fees at the time and probably won't site the complainant for perjury. can i sue her in small claims court for my legal fees? i am in colorado

JETX

You can certainly sue in Small Claims and attempt to recover your 'damages' (the legal fees you incurred), but your entire case can't just be the fees. You would have to prove that the lawsuit itself was so outrageous to be abuse or malicious. And regretably, that could be hard to prove to the satisfaction of the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">