• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get my birds back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Suzanne Thompso

What is the name of your state TN?

The item in question are now in Michigan.

I was considering giving some birds away, and answered an add on Hoobly.

When the lady called me, I was in the middle of traffic in Atlanta, and my son had just had a motorcycle wreck.

As soon as she left I tried to call and ask her to bring the birds back, she would not answer her phone.

I emailed and called, and sent her a note stating that Michigan has a 3 day right to rescind, and I want the birds back. I have offered her travel expenses and moneyt for her trouble, and she will not respond.

Is there anyway I can get the birds back short of going to court?

thanks, Suzanne

Antigone*

When the lady called me, I was in the middle of traffic in Atlanta, and my son had just had a motorcycle wreck.

As soon as she left I tried to call and ask her to bring the birds back, she would not answer her phone.

I emailed and called, and sent her a note stating that Michigan has a 3 day right to rescind, and I want the birds back. I have offered her travel expenses and moneyt for her trouble, and she will not respond.

thanks, Suzanne
If you gave her the birds, they are now her birds. The 3-day right to rescind does not apply in your case.

sandyclaus

thanks, Suzanne
From the sounds of your post, you already GAVE them away. If you didn't sell them, then a 3-day right of rescission never applied.

Why would you go through with sending your birds to someone if you never intended to have them keep them? Sounds like an awful lot of trouble to go to for you to just turn around and change your mind. Probably should have thought it over before you did it... Because now it's too late.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">