• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i get my money back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Soul_CreeD

What is the name of your state? Maine

Few facts first....
The company involved I used to work for.
I am a 2% share holder of this company.

I loan the company $3,000 a little over 2 years ago. They were making payments of $200 a month. Well that was the intent but some months went without a payment. The oney i lent was borrowed from my own available credit. inevitably the loan is mine sinces its in my name. but the company owes me personally, to which when they pay a payment I send it on to the pay the loan I took out. We went through a spell after i quit working there where they refused to pay anymore money till I proved they owed the money. Well i proved it and they began makin payments again. They agreed they owe the entire balance of my loan. I charge them the same interest and late fees that my creditor charges me. So in the end it should come out in the wash. The real catch to all this is that one of the owners informed me that they would be closing their doors in about 3 months. no longer able to stay in business. I had originally lent them the money to buy equipment and hard goods for a fundraiser to benefit the world trade center attack. Knowing that they are going out of business, can i take them to court and ask the judge that some equipment be tagged as collateral so i can get repayed if they go under. Or am i screwed since it was unsecured from the beginning.

Thnx

JETX

"Knowing that they are going out of business, can i take them to court and ask the judge that some equipment be tagged as collateral so i can get repayed if they go under. Or am i screwed since it was unsecured from the beginning."
*** You can take them to court, but since it would appear that they are going out of business, the judgment would be worthless if they have no assets.
If you can act fast (small claims), get a judgment and then as quickly as possible to an 'execution' and try to seize any non-exempt assets. If you do that before they 'dissolve', you might get SOME property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">