• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I get my money back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluefacevega

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona My question is that I gave a friend of mine my 2009 tax return info and my 2010 tax info to take to a tax preparer and also gave her my bank account info so the my return would be deposited in my account. she took it upon herself to change the bank account info to her bank account info and she received my refund for the total of $3450. I filed a police report for fraud and filed a civil suit in small claims court, She is saying that she gave the money to my daughter,and that is not true. What are my chances of getting my money back?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona My question is that I gave a friend of mine my 2009 tax return info and my 2010 tax info to take to a tax preparer and also gave her my bank account info so the my return would be deposited in my account. she took it upon herself to change the bank account info to her bank account info and she received my refund for the total of $3450. I filed a police report for fraud and filed a civil suit in small claims court, She is saying that she gave the money to my daughter,and that is not true. What are my chances of getting my money back?

What did your daughter say about this?

What did the police say?

What is happening with the civil suit?

bluefacevega

My daughter said she never gave her nothing. My daughter lives with me and I know for sure that the is telling the truth because we always go everywhere together. and the police just filed the report for fraud and waiting to see what the arbitrator will say. Have to meet with arbitrator on October 23rd. To see if we can come to an agreement.

OHRoadwarrior

You were legally required to sign the return. If you did not sign the return, it was sent fraudulently and you should have recourse on the tax preparer.

Antigone*

well I didn't sign because my taxes were filed electronically.
You sign your electronic tax return by either using a Self-Select PIN for e-file for a completely paperless return, or by signing Form 8453, U.S. Individual Income Tax Transmittal for an IRS e-file Return.See " If the return is electronic, how do I sign it?" for more information.

After you sign the return using a Self-Select PIN or Form 8453,the ERO transmits the return to the IRS or to a third-party transmitter who then forwards the entire electronic record to the IRS for processing. Once received at the IRS, the return is automatically checked by computers for errors and missing information. If it cannot be processed, it is sent back to the originating transmitter (usually the ERO) to clarify any necessary information. After correction, the transmitter retransmits the return to the IRS. Within 48 hours of electronically sending your return to IRS, the IRS sends an acknowledgment to the transmitter stating the return is accepted for processing. This is your proof of filing and assurance that the IRS has your return information. The Authorized IRS e-file Provider then sends Form 8453 to the IRS.

Taken right out of the IRS website.

Authorized IRS e-file Providers for Individuals

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">