• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i get sued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jillibean1028

What is the name of your state?Indiana
I was using a new babysitter for my two children 3yrs and 2yrs, my 3yr old would come home upset everynight. She had a babysitter before and I never had this problem, so after the 3rd time of her coming home upset I decided to not take them back to the babysitter. Before I could go to the babysitter and pay her ( which was like 2 days after the last day I took the kids there) she called my house yelling at me, where is my money, I want to get payed, if the money is not here today I am going to the courthouse and sue you for it, and charge you five dollars a day until its paid. Now I had every intension of paying this woman, even though my kids were upset after coming home from her house, but since she called me and yelled at me out of the blue, I am seriously thinking of not paying her. She was suppose to take care of my kids while I was working and it is clear to me she did not do that. So what can she do if I do not pay her? Thank you.

BelizeBreeze

Go to the bank and purchase a certified cashiers check for the full amount and in the memo section write "Pymt for X days babysitting @ X per day" then send it to her address certified (RRR) and be done with her.

If she continues calling have your answering machine pick up the calls.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">