• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i get sued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gk1234

NJ

i sold a used vechile with almost 200,000 for $600. the individual expected the car with family memebers and friends. paid me on the spot the day we exchanged cash and title. he went got the car registred and insured. picked up the car 3 days later. expected the car again and drove off. calls me 2 days later and tells me he wants a compensation b/c the car won't start, the interior light don't work, etc. i told him before he purchased the car from me that the car had been sitting for 4 months without it driven, it may need a new battery. i also told him i know nothing about cars not a mechanic, but i do know it needs some tune up work. he was given a negiotable price and paid part of it leaving a balance. i was nice and didn't ask for it. he ended the call with i will have to SUE you and take you to court. can this be a possible sue case.:confused:

Neal1421

gk1234 said:
NJ

i sold a used vechile with almost 200,000 for $600. the individual expected the car with family memebers and friends. paid me on the spot the day we exchanged cash and title. he went got the car registred and insured. picked up the car 3 days later. expected the car again and drove off. calls me 2 days later and tells me he wants a compensation b/c the car won't start, the interior light don't work, etc. i told him before he purchased the car from me that the car had been sitting for 4 months without it driven, it may need a new battery. i also told him i know nothing about cars not a mechanic, but i do know it needs some tune up work. he was given a negiotable price and paid part of it leaving a balance. i was nice and didn't ask for it. he ended the call with i will have to SUE you and take you to court. can this be a possible sue case.:confused:
You can be sued for anything.

Whether or not the person to whom you sold the car to will win, that is another question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">