• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i go into court with no shoes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobojoe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? maryland

hello, im a liberal hippie and i now have some evil corporation taking me to court.

i have a few questions to ask as i will be defending myself.

1, can i wear no shoes to court? i would like to go in with bare feet as a symbolic symbol of how little money i have and also to become more in tune with my surroundings. (no food is being served, and i didnt see a no shirt no shoe sign on the court door when i went to postpone my date)

2. i only own tiedye tee shirts and shorts, is this acceptable?

3. my defense is that i only have a seventh grade education and that i haven't worked a real job in over one decade, i also have no ambitions in life, other then to not work and do is little as possible, i thought about becoming a stand up comedian, but only if i can sit down as im doing it.

4. can i use the term "evil pig empire" to describe the corporation thats suing me?

i have more questions, but would like these answered first,,, so i can get a feel for this whole going to court thing.

thank you, hobojoe

cyjeff

If you do not show the court the respect it deserves, you should not expect the court to respect you in kind.

Contempt of court charges are not a joke... and are very expensive.

If I didn't think this was a troll, I would actually help you more.

hobojoe

well thats why im asking,, i dont want a contempt charge, but i feel the way i feel,,, these courts and lawyers are feeding off the poor.

you have the richest people in america feeding off the pain of the poorest people in america. people who dont have shoes.

this is the point i want to illustrate.

cyjeff

well thats why im asking,, i dont want a contempt charge, but i feel the way i feel,,, these courts and lawyers are feeding off the poor.

you have the richest people in america feeding off the pain of the poorest people in america. people who dont have shoes.

this is the point i want to illustrate.
Time to be a grownup.

No one gives a flaming damn about what you feel... and care even less about how you believe your views give you the right to tell everyone your opinion of them.

If you show contempt to the court, you will pay for the privilege... at the very least, you will lose your case.

On the other side, realize that in a society without laws and courts your stated refusal to actually support yourself would have resulted in your starvation long ago.

justalayman

the judge in a court controls his domain. He can require you to wear shoes, a tie, and jingle bells on your laces if he wants. If you refuse, he can cite you for contempt and either fine you or incarcerate you.

on the other hand, he can allow you to stand in your underwear if he wants.

chances are it will be closer to the first description of clothing he requires.

. my defense is that i only have a seventh grade education
defense to what?

quentin terrantino dropped out of the 9th grade
dave thomas (Wendy's) left school at 15 years old
johnny depp dropped out at 16
john travolta- 16 yo
jim carrey- 16 yo

and others that did not finish high school yet were successful:

Sir Richard Branson (founder of the Virgin label and current Billionaire)
Li Ka-Shing (Asia's richest man and 10th richest man in the world)
Amancio Ortega (Spain's richest man and founder of store chain Zara)

4. can i use the term "evil pig empire" to describe the corporation thats suing me?
yes, but likely only once but depending on what else you have done that day to piss off the judge, that once may reap a punishment.

but hey, if they toss you in jail, you get room and board and often, a really good friend that will keep you warm at night.

cyjeff

Anyone want to tell him that it is no longer 1968?

I give even money between a contempt charge and a psyc eval.

hobojoe

so what are you saying,,,, i should play it safe and wear my flipflops.....

for a liberal hippie like myself, losing is not too much of a concern since the evil pig empire corporation will win with their fancy lawyers in their 1000 dollar suits.

but i would just like an opportunity to wear the clothing i wear, and speak the way i feel, to say my two cents, to be an american.

cyjeff

for a liberal hippie like myself, losing is not too much of a concern since the evil pig empire corporation will win with their fancy lawyers in their 1000 dollar suits.

but i would just like an opportunity to wear the clothing i wear, and speak the way i feel, to say my two cents, to be an american.
Yeah.

No judge is going to allow you to turn his/her court into a pulpit.

You will be asked for specific answers to specific questions. Your moral outrage will not be tolerated.

You can certainly wear and say what you want. You can also be held accountable or be judged by those actions.

justalayman

ya, he's still in 68. They haven't worn suits that cheap since then.

If you want to claim to be an American, you might want to show the term the same respect you believe it allows you to be given. Capital A.

and you said you were unemployed. Where did you get 2 cents?

hobojoe

my lawyer told me to call their lawyer up and work out a payment plan.

i dont want to do that as it goes against my beliefs..

is there any kind of motion or paper work i can request from their lawyer?

like in that movie my cousin vinnie,, what do you call it,, disclosure or something.

you know what im getting at here...?

cyjeff

Yeah, I am done playing with the troll...

The one that has no income, but an attorney.... the one that obviously stole something from a corporation, but THEY are the pigs...

I think he has actually used the term "liberal hippie" at least twice... no one that actually IS a liberal hippie would refer to themselves that way... and certainly not so often ...

Gotta be a "see! Come down on me for being different than you! Prove that law is only for the conservatives!"

Cute in a "I have no problems wasting volunteer time with my drivel" kind of way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">