• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be kicked out of my own apartment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anmccree

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I went to get an apartment with ex boyfriend/fiance. We signed the papers as tenants. He left me to move back with his parents and told me that our landlord told him he was the primary tenant and could kick me out at any time. No where on the lease does it say he is primary. Is this possible?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I went to get an apartment with ex boyfriend/fiance. We signed the papers as tenants. He left me to move back with his parents and told me that our landlord told him he was the primary tenant and could kick me out at any time. No where on the lease does it say he is primary. Is this possible?
If you both signed the lease, then no, the ex boyfriend cannot kick you out. He is BS'ing you. Even if he did have the ability to evict you he would have to do so through the formal eviction process, but he does not have the ability to evict you.

Banned_Princess

So you co own a car, and are co tenants as well.

sounds like it is going to be an easy breakup.

PS, if he doesn't get his name off the lease, he can come and go as he pleases. while you are there, not there, whatever.

you need to work this out as well. LL you and him all need to sign him off the lease, and have your locks changed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">