• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I sue ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mom of 4

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My former business partner owes me money for a loan and for my 'pay check'.
He agreed to pay me back but never said a date.
I gave him a letter stating the amount he owes me in April.
He made 3 payments beginning of May but after that nothing. He makes jokes like 'should I buy cheese for the amount I owe them' in front of my kids.
In July I sent him a second letter. Then he asked to send him a new one what I did two weeks later.
I am now waiting for this money for 4 months. Can I file a claim against him in small claims court, given the fact that he never told me WHEN he was going to pay me back ?

seniorjudge

mom of 4 said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon

My former business partner owes me money for a loan and for my 'pay check'.
He agreed to pay me back but never said a date.
I gave him a letter stating the amount he owes me in April.
He made 3 payments beginning of May but after that nothing. He makes jokes like 'should I buy cheese for the amount I owe them' in front of my kids.
In July I sent him a second letter. Then he asked to send him a new one what I did two weeks later.
I am now waiting for this money for 4 months. Can I file a claim against him in small claims court, given the fact that he never told me WHEN he was going to pay me back ?
Keep all your questions in one thread (and, besides, I already answered these questions).

mom of 4

I'm sorry but to me there IS a difference.
In the first thread I asked if it would be wise to inform the other party I was going to sue him.
Now I want to know if I have a leg to stand on since he never told me when he was going to pay me

seniorjudge

Now I want to know if I have a leg to stand on since he never told me when he was going to pay me

After you send your demand letter (as I already told you to do) THEN you will have a leg and chair and a soapbox to stand on.

Sue him.

He will try to prove it was a gift and you never expected repayment. Therefore, be sure to take the promissory note he signed into court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">