• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

curi

What is the name of your state? TN
I was driving my friend's car and another car hit me from behind. As neither my friend nor me have insurance I did not contact police. Moreover the driver of the other car promised me to pay to fix the car and gave me her phone number. I got estimates and called the driver and told her the amount of money needed and asked her to meet and talk about it. She did not meet me and she does not answers my calls any more. I'd like to know can I file a lawsuit agains her? or only the owner of the car (my friend) can do so? problem is that my friend is out of USA and will be back only in august. Thanks

BoredAtty

What is the name of your state? TN
I was driving my friend's car and another car hit me from behind. As neither my friend nor me have insurance I did not contact police. Moreover the driver of the other car promised me to pay to fix the car and gave me her phone number. I got estimates and called the driver and told her the amount of money needed and asked her to meet and talk about it. She did not meet me and she does not answers my calls any more. I'd like to know can I file a lawsuit agains her? or only the owner of the car (my friend) can do so? problem is that my friend is out of USA and will be back only in august. Thanks
Your friend must file the suit. It is not your car, and therefore, you suffered no damages.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Your friend must file the suit. It is not your car, and therefore, you suffered no damages.
Actually anyone can sue anyone for anything. Now if standing and jurisdiction and legal grounds matter -- well OP did not ask about that. Nor did OP ask about the unclean hands doctrine or anything else that might enter in. Sometimes Bored, we are far too literal here. :cool:

Last edited:

BoredAtty

Actually anyone can sue anyone for anything. Now if standing and jurisdiction and legal grounds matter -- well OP did not ask about that. Nor did OP ask about the unclean hands doctrine or anything else that might enter in. Sometimes Bored, we are far too literal here. :cool:
I agree. That is far too literal. :rolleyes:;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">