• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seladra

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin is the name of my state, the person I want to sue is in Illinois.
My question is difficult. My husband had an affair with his x-wife and had a child. They have 2 other children from their marriage. She has done everything in her power to make our lives miserable. She won't let him see his kids, she calls the police and files false claims against us, she crashed my sister-in-laws wedding while pregnant with my husbands child (one of the worst days of my life) causing a complete break up with that side of the family, she is also taking us for everything we have. She gets $250 a week which leaves my husband $100 a week to live on. We've been kicked out of home after home and are in danger of it again because we can't live off what we're making. I have 3 kids of my own, thank God for food stamps or we'd starve, but we can't even get into public housing because our credit is bad due to the outrageous amount of money taken by her. Is there anything I can do, or where should I go to ask?

fencegrrr

The advice I would give is if you have a university in your area that teaches law, you can go to that school and use the library there...the librarians can point you to publications or internet sites that may be able to help you as far as "harassment" goes and also as far as child support goes. The other thing Law Universities usually offer is free or VERY low cost legal services (students get experience).

The way I understand it child support is based off of your wages and how many children you have in total. Make sure all of his and your information is updated regarding this...also make sure that she isn't with anyone (living with another man) because if there is another man living with her I believe it takes the responsibility away from your husband monetarily...

If he is not able to see his children it is also my understanding that he doesn't have to pay child support (at least in WA state if you waive your parental rights--like visitation--you no longer have to pay child support, a heartbreaking decision to make, but maybe if she isn't getting $$$ she'll think 2ce about letting him see his kids)

As far as your marriage goes...please read "the 5 love languages" I can't recall the author's name right now (google it) but it saved my marriage and helped me through my husband's cheating...:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">