• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

maceiom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

A long time friend of mine turned on a telephone in his name for me because I wasn't in a position to get one in my name.The telephone company sent the first bill to his house that he shares with his father. His father called the telephone company to have the telephone disconnected. I work from home and I had to have a landline phone with hi-speed internet. My friend informed his father who it was for, that he knew about it and had turned it on himself (he has fraud protection) After he left, his father called the phone company claiming to be him, and now the phone is off and as a result I have lost my job. This all stems from his father's views on African Americans. So my question is since he did this out of malice and as a result I have lost my job and also am in danger of being evicted, can I sue him for my annual salary? I have a notarized statement from my friend as well.

HomeGuru

A long time friend of mine turned on a telephone in his name for me because I wasn't in a position to get one in my name.The telephone company sent the first bill to his house that he shares with his father. His father called the telephone company to have the telephone disconnected. I work from home and I had to have a landline phone with hi-speed internet. My friend informed his father who it was for, that he knew about it and had turned it on himself (he has fraud protection) After he left, his father called the phone company claiming to be him, and now the phone is off and as a result I have lost my job. This all stems from his father's views on African Americans. So my question is since he did this out of malice and as a result I have lost my job and also am in danger of being evicted, can I sue him for my annual salary? I have a notarized statement from my friend as well.
**A: of course you can sue. Will you win? No!

seniorjudge

Double Post Warning

https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/can-i-sue-loss-wages-428222.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">