• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue anyone?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

appealingb232

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CA, Los Angeles.

It is prohibited in Los Angeles to post flyers on poles.

I see someone who posts about buying iPhones. Since I'm in the same business, practicing legal methods, while he profits illegally, can I sue the **** out of him?

quincy

CA, Los Angeles.

I see someone who posts about buying iPhones. Since I'm in the same business, practicing legal methods, while he profits illegally, can I sue the **** out of him?
No, you have no lawsuit to pursue but you can report the flyers to the police.

Just Blue

CA, Los Angeles.

No.

NellieBly

My high school business law teacher (bless his heart) always said you can sue anyone, Winning and collecting are the hard part.

quincy

So, if no one can sue you, why can't i do the same?
You can do the same thing that your competitor is doing - but you also face the same penalties your competitor faces by doing so.

Although there is no civil action available to you, the posting of flyers on light poles is prohibited in your city. You can report your competitor's illegal actions to the police and your competitor will be ticketed and fined.

I am not sure of the fine amount but, whatever it is, it does not seem worth it to me to break the law with your advertising. And it also tends to repel more customers than it attracts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">