• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue? Circumstances inside.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boburke

What is the name of your state? Washington State

I was recently terminated due to a failed drug test. It was a service company working mainly in oil refiniries.

I was called by the lab and did not call them back for 3 days. I thought it was someone else. So the lab was forced to call my employer and tell them it was urgent that they tell me to call him (the lab). At this time the office and the offices employees did not know I failed the test.

So I called him up, he told me I failed, and he told me to tell my employer.

I told J (President) that day. I also told T (The VP) that day. J told me to talk to T about it.

To my understanding this is confidential information.

Well, I was applying for benefits at my local DSHS office, and she called my employer to obtain my wages. The receptionist (P) told my case worker that I failed my drug test.

For one, I don't feel it was right for her to tell my case worker such.

Second, the receptionist should not have even known I failed the test. It is confidential, correct?

boburke

I might add all of the coworkers now know. I remember EXPLICITLY bringing up that G (The man who referred me) was going to be upset, did you tell him yet? President said absolutely not I have no right to tell him, this is confidential.

fairisfair

It is quite legal to disclose your reason for termination.

You failed the drug test. you were terminated. That is true and factual. period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">