• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue Clear Channel Communications?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nformd

Ok, so this afternoon I called a clear channel station in my area (WZZR 94.3) I was brought on air to participate in a series of question that were asked to me and another caller. After all the questions it was determined that I won and I was getting tickets to some show this weekend. Before being put on hold I said, well can I say something? and they said go ahead. I said "9/11 was an inside job".

They began harassing me and told me goodbye and hung up. I called back and asked "what about my prize" the host told me I wasnt getting a prize. and hung up again. After several calls and being told that "they can do this all day". I gave up and decided to contact Clear Channel, The ACLU and a local news station about this. I havent heard back from anyone as of yet but I want to know if "legally" they have discriminated against me, and by not giving my the prize I won have breached a verbal contract. I personally feel that By me participating in the "contest" with the stations intention to award me with the tickets if I won and now being denied the prize it is a breach of contract.

What can I do?

Mass_Shyster

You can sue, but you won't win.

You didn't read the rules very carefully when you checked the website before you entered the contest, did you?

It clearly states "ALL DECISIONS OF WZRR-FM ROCK 99-5 ARE FINAL".

You also didn't follow the posting rules of this forum when you delete the question about your state.

Now go put your tin foil hat back on before the find you.

BOR

I gave up and decided to contact Clear Channel, The ACLU and a local news station about this. I havent heard back from anyone as of yet...
The ACLU, as it stands for, is the American Civil Liberties Union.

RARELY can a private entity violate your constitutional rights.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">