• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue a company in a different state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

carrie801

What is the name of your state? Utah

Can I sue a company in a different state in small claims court?
On January 1 2004 I ordered a table, chairs and a china hutch from Online Enterprises(A.K.A Rusticandmore.com) The table and chairs were delivered 3 months later on March 26, 2004 (extremely late) and there was no base for the table all I received was a table top. It was also of very poor quality and a chair was broken the same day that it was delivered. I sent an email to this company explaining that the furniture was very poor quality and had already been broken and also that we did not receive a base. They emailed me back stating they would cancel the rest of the order for me, issue me a full refund, and have the table and chairs picked up. Then on Apirl 20, 2004, I received another shipment from them that contained the china hutch. It was extremely damaged so I refused the order. Not to mention that this order was previously cancelled. I have tried to contact this company many times and have gotten no response.
I also faxed a demand letter because I plan to take this to court if there is no action on there part. I still got no response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">