• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue for damages/cost?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Miss_ajohnson17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Georgia
I want to sue an exfriend/roommate for damages to an apartment we shared. I have emails from him stating he will pay for the damages and the cost of breaking the lease. I need to make sure he actually does this and is not just saying he will.

Antigone*

Georgia
I want to sue an exfriend/roommate for damages to an apartment we shared. I have emails from him stating he will pay for the damages and the cost of breaking the lease. I need to make sure he actually does this and is not just saying he will.
So, what is holding you back?

Hey wait a minute:eek::confused: You are the one who is supposed to be asking the questions:rolleyes:

Banned_Princess

Georgia
you are never going to be able to make sure he does.

you can sue him, you can get a judgment, you can harass him for the judgment, you might be able to put a lien on any property he owns, you might be able to garnish his wages and bank accounts... but if he has none of that then you wont be getting any money out of the judgment, just the hit to his credit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">