• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue Electric Company in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prgw

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I moved from California to Texas on new job. I took an apartment, the time leasing people handover keys there isn't electricity in the apartment. I called one of the company on 22nd Aug they have taken all my information including address etc., and given me a date to establish electricity which is 29th Aug. I got a call from electricity company on 27th saying that the address I provided is wrong and there isn't any apartments under that house number, then I called my leasing company they said, it was their mistake and they have provided me different house number. Electricity people corrected in their system and said that scheduled date establishing power is still 29th Aug.

I was staying as paying guest and vacated the house and went to my new apartment around 6:00PM on 29th Aug, the electricity connection was not established when I call them it is re-scheduled for 2nd Sep. They didn't informed me that they have rescheduled. This is first mistake they have done. After a big argument with them, again went to same place where I stayed as paying guest. Again vacated house went to my new apartment on 2nd Sep. still there isn't Electricity connection established. Again called them.. after long discussion and inquiry they said Electricity connection is established, if you don't get power ask your leasing office maintenance people to check Ciruite breaker is switched on or not. I called leasing office on 3rd Sep. they said there is red tag on power meter that means power connection is not established. Called Electricity people and kept conference with my leasing office people customer rep first said you got power connection and after sometime he said no it is scheduled for 3rd Sep. and provided me some other company number (third party), when I called those people, they said power was not established on 2nd Sep. and re-scheduled for 3rd Sep. I went around 8:00PM on Sep 3rd there isn't Electricity established. That means again they are lying at me. Each time when I call Customer rep they were giving different version like your meter number wrong ... check with leasing office somebody says something esle.. the bottom line is I didn't get power connection at my apartment

I spent more 15 total hours with Customer reps. and I have taken all their name and Employer ID's.

Can I sue this Electricity company? I'm stressed out becoming mad of this issue and getting angry like I can not explain in words.

Please help me in suing the Electricity company.

Thanks
PRGW

moburkes

It appears that English is not your first language, and there might have been some miscommunication. Although it is not required necessarily for you to be present when your electricity is established, it is customary for the utility company to require that an adult over 18 to be home when the service tech comes by. Based on what you're saying, you weren't there during the "window" they generally provide in order to connect service.

I don't mean to be rude, but you probably need someone else to speak to them on your behalf. You will need to provide verbal permission, but it will allow you to get your electricity on.

Also, for future, you shouldn't have an expectation for the electricity to be on when you move in unless you schedule a date/time for it to be connected. This also gets it turned on in your name. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">