• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue ex-girlfriend?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drag172

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Hi,

I had bought over $10,000 worth of appliances and other household needs for my ex-girlfriend. We were planning to move in together and even started house shopping the past month. I bought these appliances and household stuffs for us even though my name is not on her monthly rent apartment bill but we were planning to move in together. Do I have a case to sue her to either return the items or owe me the value of the items? Are there any other options I have?

Thank You

Banned_Princess

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

Hi,

I had bought over $10,000 worth of appliances and other household needs for my ex-girlfriend. We were planning to move in together and even started house shopping the past month. I bought these appliances and household stuffs for us even though my name is not on her monthly rent apartment bill but we were planning to move in together. Do I have a case to sue her to either return the items or owe me the value of the items? Are there any other options I have?

Thank You
what happened? why didn't you move in? did you live with her where the appliances were delivered there? can you move these things yourself? do you have recent receipts for the appliances? how long has she had these appliances?

why don't you just go over there and get your stuff?

drag172

what happened? why didn't you move in? did you live with her where the appliances were delivered there? can you move these things yourself? do you have recent receipts for the appliances? how long has she had these appliances?

why don't you just go over there and get your stuff?
I travel to NY during the week to work and come up every weekend. We were planning to move in together and had started house shopping. Her name is on the rent and I never bothered adding mine to it because we were planning to move out. The appliances are with her now where it was originally delivered. These are heavy appliances and I can't move it myself, but I would have to hire movers. I do have receipts for the appliances. She had these appliances for almost a year.

I would go over there, but I just don't want to deal with her personally anymore.

Banned_Princess

I travel to NY during the week to work and come up every weekend. We were planning to move in together and had started house shopping. Her name is on the rent and I never bothered adding mine to it because we were planning to move out. The appliances are with her now where it was originally delivered. These are heavy appliances and I can't move it myself, but I would have to hire movers. I do have receipts for the appliances. She had these appliances for almost a year.

I would go over there, but I just don't want to deal with her personally anymore.
so then sue her. (although that would be dealing with her personally)

although it is probable the limit to small claims is under 10k. and you would only get depreciated value.

drag172

so then sue her. (although that would be dealing with her personally)

although it is probable the limit to small claims is under 10k. and you would only get depreciated value.
So this would be a suitable case? Not like where if the appliances are in HER home, I have no right to it?

drag172

What are the appliances that were installed in a rental?
These were all brand new appliances...

Electrolux Induction Range
LG French Door Refrigerator
4 Window Air Conditioners
Electrolux Wave-Touch Laundry Washer and Dryer
46" Samsung LED TV & Blu-Ray

There might be more, but I believe these were the major purchases.

Banned_Princess

These were all brand new appliances...

Electrolux Induction Range
LG French Door Refrigerator
4 Window Air Conditioners
Electrolux Wave-Touch Laundry Washer and Dryer
46" Samsung LED TV & Blu-Ray

There might be more, but I believe these were the major purchases.
where is the landlords appliances?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">