• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue my ex-Boyfriend?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bellagigi

What is the name of your state?
New York

Good evening everyone!

I have some questions that hopefully someone will know the answer to! I live on Long Island in New York and my ex boyfriend moved in with me last November, let just say that his employment record was not to desirable. He would work for 1 week and then quit or yada, yada, whatever would happen. I stayed with him as long as I could and be the caring girlfriend who would take care of him both emotionally and financially!

The beginning of October I had all I could take and booted him back to his parents, he is 33 and I am 34. Go figure!! He was never on my lease but he had his mail sent to the apt. address and also he had a workman comp case that showed he lived here, also I had some legal issues and he told the court that this was his address. Also when he filed his Federal taxes last year he used this address!

I have paid his car insurance and all the utility payment, gym membership(his), his union dues for his local where he is constantly laid off.

My question is he received a settlement for a case he had on the back burner, not that much $10,000., Can I take him to Small Claim and ask for payment for back rent and bills due? I just asked him for one month of rent which is $1,500.00 and he said no, not unless he can move back in! NO WAY!!

I am not trying to take him I just want a small fraction $1,500.00 compared to what 11 months of splitting cost would be he is getting off cheap! If we add everything up he would owe 750.00 a month in rent and the utilities, gym , car insurance!

HELP! I NEED INFORMATION!

Thanks everyone ahead of time for your replies!
Gina

Lost on Long Island :eek: :eek: : :confused: ;)

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

Can I take him to Small Claim and ask for past debt that I have paid? I just asked him for one month of rent which is $1,500.00 and he said no, not unless he can move back in! NO WAY!!
OF COURSE YOU CAN. And when the judge ask you to provide proof of his contractural debt to you that's when you whip out the contract...oh wait, you don't have a contract do you?

Guess what? It was a gift. Move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">