• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue my husband.....?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

val31nh

I met my husband almost ten years ago. Living in NH.He's now on parole Just released.
He was incarcerated five years. Like most guys in there, he made plans of us being married etc.. so jan 15,2015 we got married in there. End Feb he released to halfway house. All sudden he dumps me for girl he don't know.
I believe he used me five years, married me just to look good for parole like his life changed for better.
I spent probably close ten grand on him. I have proof most things.
I know I'm idiot. He also promised pay me back money coz he "didn't use me"
I was spending $500 month just on phone, sending money, ordering him magazines, packages etc...when he got into halfway house bought him clothes, sneakers ect..paid $200 just so he could see his Dr again
As soon as he got first couple paychecks own money when he didn't want me, and had another girl. I feel used, hurt.

single317dad

I met my husband almost ten years ago. Living in NH.He's now on parole Just released.
He was incarcerated five years. Like most guys in there, he made plans of us being married etc.. so jan 15,2015 we got married in there. End Feb he released to halfway house. All sudden he dumps me for girl he don't know.
I believe he used me five years, married me just to look good for parole like his life changed for better.
I was spending $500 month just on phone, sending money, ordering him magazines, packages etc...when he got into halfway house bought him clothes, sneakers ect..paid $200 just so he could see his Dr again
As soon as he got first couple paychecks own money when he didn't want me, and had another girl. I feel used, hurt.
Take all the emotions you're feeling and set them aside. They're useless to you in court. Between what I'm reading in this thread and your other one, I believe your emotions are guiding your actions, and that will not end well.

Now, the promise to repay that he made is the critical piece of evidence. What proof do you have of that promise?

You need to consult a divorce attorney. Good luck.

Last edited:

Eekamouse

And you feel hurt and used so now you want revenge by getting him sent back to prison or by suing him. You chose to marry someone in prison and you chose to spend your money on him while he was incarcerated and you chose to buy him gifts when he got into a halfway house. Outside of prison, he has left you and moved onto someone else. Let her have him. File for divorce and move on. Next time, make wiser choices in whom you marry. Don't stupidly rush into marriage with someone who has a prior engagement with the penal system that's going to keep him away from you for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">