• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue Sacramento's AMTRAK?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

valevale29

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I am a regular AMTRAK user who take both the AMTRAK bus and train at least 4 times a week (4 round trips) since the begging of the year. I live about an hour and something minutes away and this is my only way of transportation, just saying this to get it out of the way.

So I usually take the AMTRAK bus of 6:30 P.M., the last bus of the day to my destination, on Mondays and Wednesdays and I'm there by 5:30. However on Monday by 6:15 to 6:20 something the bus wasn't in its usual spot, so I went to the stations to ask what happen to the bus. The woman there checked and told me that the bus departed an hour late then usual, and that was fine by me. So I staid inside the station for about 10 minutes but decided that I would wait outside to for my bus to come. After a while I notice there had been two buses next to each other, one in my buses usual spot and bags were been lode on one of the buses so took that as my sing and moved closer to the buses. So it tuned out that one of the buses had a paper in font with my town name and Sacramento. The driver of said bus was inside and she was getting her purse and other supplies and was getting off the bus, so I made my move to ask her if this was going back to my destination or was this her last stop for the night, but the girl just kept walking! Confused I staid just in case she would be back and she did but she went strait to the bus got on drooped her stuff, so again I was going to make my move but the girl was already backing up and driving away. So I quickly want to the bus next to it to clear what was happening and it turns out I wasn't the only one that got left behind It happen to another lady as well.

In the end we went back inside the station to talk to the worker there (separately) and I when I said what happen (to the same lady who attended me the first time) I was told me that it was my fault because I just stood on the side! She said other people got (witch I honestly didn't see any one on the bus, but It was getting dark!) and that I was at fault for not getting on the bus! So in the end I had to make some calls to see if anybody could pick me up and that's were I found the same lady again and it turns out the she was offer a already pay motel room by AMTRAK, when they couldn't even get me a taxi! That lady the offer me to stay with her until I was picked up by my ride. If my ride hadn't decided to get up from bed I would have been spending the night on the Sacramento Streets or maybe even the nice ladys motel floor!

Is there anyway that I can sue or any justice I can get or will this just be played out to be a bad experience? I honestly don't care how many people got on the bloody bus! The fact is that I tried to talk to the driver, get out of my confusion only to be ignored. Then I go inside the station to get thing straiten out only to be told it was my fault that everything happen, I didn't have enough money to even pay myself a motel for bloody sake's!! I was just made out to be stupid in the end, it was humiliating,angering, and down right frustrating!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">