• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i sue the school violate my rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

safty

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca
Im in student housing my roomates want to try to evict me from the housing so one of my roomates open up my trash plastic bag where i place my female items since it was during that time of the month she took pics of it to show to the ra at the student housing who then says that im unsanitary when this girl is the one going in my trash, I feel my rights are volate me then they went in my room the ra took pics of anything that they think was not alirght to have in the room took pics i was nah notify i am nah ok with this, I feel that im treat as if im a criminal, Can i sue request a gag to take those pics from the schools property i feel that they are using these pics which im nah allow to see as blk mail, is there any rights can i sue the girl the school, I will want to sue defamation of character as i feel my roomies have talk to people

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca
Im in student housing my roomates want to try to evict me from the housing so one of my roomates open up my trash plastic bag where i place my female items since it was during that time of the month she took pics of it to show to the ra at the student housing who then says that im unsanitary when this girl is the one going in my trash, I feel my rights are volate me then they went in my room the ra took pics of anything that they think was not alirght to have in the room took pics i was nah notify i am nah ok with this, I feel that im treat as if im a criminal, Can i sue request a gag to take those pics from the schools property i feel that they are using these pics which im nah allow to see as blk mail, is there any rights can i sue the girl the school, I will want to sue defamation of character as i feel my roomies have talk to people
How did the school violate your rights? Your roommates let the RA into the room. Your roommate opened up the trash. how is the school to blame? Why did you have bloody sanitary pads in your personal trash -- why weren't they disposed of in the bathroom?

swalsh411

Your right to keep used tampons and pads in your room instead of disposing of them in the bathroom trash like normal people who care about hygiene? If your roommate had a festering sore and left her blood-soaked dressings in the trash every time she changed the bandages would that be acceptable to you? It's really no different. If anything your roommate should be accusing YOU of violating her right not to live with a disgusting person!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">