• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I be sued?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uther

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pennsylvania

About a year ago I painted a motorcycle for some one, no contract , warranty etc.
I went above and beond for this person, repainted several times to get the look correct. All the while the customer would call at all hours , sometimes drunk. And was a rather rude person to deal with.

He contacted me that there are bubbles by the gas caps. I went and looked at them .And confirmed that it was do to the resessed cap install.his mechanic did not use anything ( epoxy , rubber gasket etc) to seal gas away from the paint

Now , when I gave him the parts back I explained the paint to him it's a very sensitive paint , and I offered to have my partner install the gas caps to make sure there would not be any issues ( gas vapor & gas contact would cause the above issues) He said no his buddy would install them.

Well to say the least over the last 48 hours I've been getting threating calls , about 10 calls in the time span . Stating that he needs to know where I am .Implying that I have to report to him.

I left him a message explaining , what I had allready told him.That it was do to the cap install , and not using anything between the cap and the paint. ( when we took the job on he complained that the other artists paint bubbled at the caps as well, again his buddy installed the caps , withthe same result)

My question is , can I be sued for this? And legally do we owe him anything?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">