• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i be sued or forced to give my dog back?????????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cyndi1130

What is the name of your state?PA About eight months ago i had given my full bread ****zu away,the lady and I had an agreement that if she decided that it wasn't going to work out that she would return the dog to my family and i. I was calling monthly to check on him and each time I was told that he was doing really good and was extremely happy with this lady. Today I recieved a phone call in regards to the dog saying he was found abandoned, filthy and injured along side of a highway in another state. Thankfully a very nice lady found him and is taking very good care of him. She was able to track me down through the dogs rabies tag and is letting me pick him up later this week. Now, the lady I originally gave the dog to is threatening to take me to court to get him back. Can I be forced to give him back? I have all of the paperwork from the vet and also the recipts from when I purchased him. I just want to be prepared for what is to come so I can have an attorney on hand. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to keep her from taking the dog back. I am worried for the dogs saftey! Thank You Cyndi

Last edited:

ENASNI

hmm

cyndi1130 said:
What is the name of your state?PA About eight months ago i had given my full bread ****zu away,the lady and I had an agreement that if she decided that it wasn't going to work out that she would return the dog to my family and i. I was calling monthly to check on him and each time I was told that he was doing really good and was extremely happy with this lady. Today I recieved a phone call in regards to the dog saying he was found abandoned, filthy and injured along side of a highway in another state. Thankfully a very nice lady found him and is taking very good care of him. She was able to track me down through the dogs rabies tag and is letting me pick him up later this week. Now, the lady I originally gave the dog to is threatening to take me to court to get him back. Can I be forced to give him back? I have all of the paperwork from the vet and also the recipts from when I purchased him. I just want to be prepared for what is to come so I can have an attorney on hand. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to keep her from taking the dog back. I am worried for the dogs saftey! Thank You Cyndi
Too funny you can't write the dogs breed on here without getting censored..
Anyway, any chance you know how long the dog was missing, seems like she could get in trouble with animal control... just another card to play.
Good Luck

cyndi1130

As far as I know the lady found him in Virginia about a week ago,she had also checked with the humaine society as well as the newspaper and no one reported him missing

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">