• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can i be sued over this??? HELP

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SarangxCandy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

to make a story semi-short, i work at a dry cleaners/tailor
a lady dropped off 2 dresses to be altered on a Mon. i said pick it up next Mon. she claimed she needed them this week. So i told her okay then they can be ready by Sat. She didn't object, didn't say anything actually
so i assumed it was okay, so i wrote down on the receipt "by Sat."
i even said it outloud as i wrote it down

she shows up on Thurs. asking for the dresses claiming that she told me she needed it that day
i tried to tell her that i said Sat and that i even wrote it down as Sat.
she said she didn't care, all she knows is she needed them by thursday because she had an important function.
then she demanded that the clothes be done by Sat and that she was not going to pay for it
she wanted all the work done for free

my question is if we refuse to do the work, or demand for her to pay us, can she sue?
or can we take out a claim on her for not paying??
i'm at a complete lost here and i need some advice asap

thank you so much to anyone who can help

i'm worried because of that ordeal with a man suing a dry cleaners in NY

Indiana Filer

she wanted all the work done for free

my question is if we refuse to do the work, or demand for her to pay us, can she sue?
or can we take out a claim on her for not paying??
i'm at a complete lost here and i need some advice asap

thank you so much to anyone who can help

i'm worried because of that ordeal with a man suing a dry cleaners in NY
That man lost his case against the dry cleaners, IIRC.

If you hadn't done the work yet, you should have just given her the clothes back in their original condition without charge.

If she refuses to pay once the work is completed, do not give her the clothes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">