• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I take a 17 year old to court, or her gaurdians, for bank account fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

biggerk214

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvanina.

I cosigned a bank account for a minor,she didnt want her parents which are drug addicts to be able to have use of her account, and didnt want her gaurdians her grandparents to have access to her money, so I cosigned, but didnt access the account. She had the only bankcard. She wanted a bank account to be able to cash her paychecks.
Well, after 2 months, she quit her job and overdrew the account by over $300. Because I have another account with the bank, they withdrew the $300 from my other account.I have made several attempts to have the minor and her gaurdians to make payment arrangements, but they are ignored.
Can I legally sue this minor, or gaurdians for the amount withdrawn from my account, and court costs.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

seniorjudge

Q: Can I legally sue this minor, or gaurdians for the amount withdrawn from my account, and court costs.

A: You can't win such a case; you and she were both liable equally.

Antigone*

If were are equally responsible, then she should pay half.
Theoretically yes, but have you ever tried squeezing blood out of a turnip???

You should have NEVER put yourself in that position. You took the risk and now you have reaped the reward.

Sorry

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">